Coffee - can it kill you?

Discussion in 'Cold Brew Coffee Forum' started by AdventureBean, Dec 21, 2015.

1. AdventureBean

AdventureBean New Member

Despite my strong belief that coffee is good for you, I hear lots and lots of stories about how energy drinks can damage you and even kill you. I even heard about a woman who drank a lot of energy drinks and died. I was wondering if this can happen when you drink coffee? Maybe I'm wrong, but I sure am interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

2. jessebrock73

jessebrock73 New Member

No! never! :mad:
    Coffee is the only thing which keep people like us going and how dare people can say that they can damage one's life! :eek:

3. Amaro_Gelatto

Amaro_Gelatto New Member

Even though you can die overdosing on caffeine, that is quite unlike with coffee. You would rather puke and s*** a lot before, and most cases that people die overdosing is because they have been taking high doses for a while, damaging heart and making an irregular heartbeat most likely to happen. Coffee doesn't have that high amount of concentration, energy drinks though have artificial high doses concentrated, plus, take it with alcohol as many people love to do, and you get a recipe for many health issues.

4. MJV

MJV New Member

I believe both statements are true, and that will always depends on intakes. Coffee is really good to health, but you should abuse it. Too much intake of caffeine can cause bad effect, but if you're well advised, then I think there won't be a problem.

I am going to provide you a link of how you can use coffee benefits. This site provided an article where you can read information about coffee benefits and how it can save your life. Hope it will help!

www.tasticcoffee.com

5. Friedcoffee

Friedcoffee New Member

Anything consumed in a lot of quantity can kill you, even water. If you will drink more water than your holding capacity it will stretch out the place were it is stored and if this stretch is done to extent, it may harm. Similarly, coffee is good if taken in levels,

6. itsalwayscoffeetime

itsalwayscoffeetime New Member

caffeine consumption definitely has it's downfalls; it doesn't allow your body to absorb as many nutrients, it has the potential to raise cholesterol, restrict arteries, and cause difficulty sleeping. HOWEVER, it lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes, some cancers, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and depression/suicide as well as increases out alertness! if you are a healthy individual and you consume less than 600 mg of caffeine a day (no more than 3-4 cups), the benefits definitely outweigh any possible negative side affects! if you want to read more you can check out the article hereL http://itsalwayscoffeetime.com/2016/02/13/is-coffee-bad-for-you/

7. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Yep, I agree. Even though coffee can make you feel relaxed, etc, it does indeed have downfalls. Coffee contains caffeine which can lead to a few health problems if you consume too much.

8. Tidiman

Tidiman New Member

I can say that it the coffee and more specific the caffeine can be very helpful if its taken on reasonable volumes. For example it helps for burning fat, increase brain activity and memory, helps more on the focus, helps for the heart, helps for physical performance and many more. So basically there are a lot of Coffee Benefits.

9. coffeegeek

coffeegeek New Member

I don't know I coffee will kill me but I've read the article about too much caffeine and don't know what to do. Could you recommend me something more else with caffeine but more healthy? Thanks a lot.

laura541 likes this.
  10. brucekenway

brucekenway New Member

I also concur with you all. Coffee never kill you!

11. jacobcarl

jacobcarl New Member

Coffee is good for health. its said that drinking 3-4 cups of coffee is good for health

12. laura541

laura541 New Member

Coffee has many health benefits, Such as Cut the pain, Increase your fiber intake, Protection against cirrhosis of the liver, Lowered risk of type II Diabetes, Lowered risk of Alzheimer's disease, Reduces suicide risk, and Depression etc. That why I think it can't kill me.

13. Insidious

Insidious New Member

True, but we definitely need to think of the caffeine consumption as well. :)

14. Branden Ashton

Branden Ashton New Member

Nice query. As we know that everything has positive as well as some negative points. Same apply on coffee too. Cos excess of everything is bad :p

15. Hohn

Hohn New Member

Moderation is key. Too much of anything is bad for you.

16. Mathew Burrows

Mathew Burrows New Member

hello everyone i brought a awesome thing for you which will help to you make your cold coffee. In case you want to take cold espresso and you don't have ice then not to be wary now because you can chill your coffee with instant and fresh ice with in 10 minutes at anywhere with portable ice maker machine. It can help you to make fresh and instant ice quickly for you coffee and also use it anywhere with good shape even you can crush it with ice shaver. checkout the reviews and all other interesting facts by clicking here --> Portable Ice Maker

17. georgia

georgia New Member

It's just a only thing who make refresh our body and day.

18. maryhaugen

maryhaugen New Member

I love coffee too but drink too much is really not good